My Twitter Tools plugin for WordPress recently stopped updating / syncing with the server. I spent a lot of time reading online forums and found this post by Shekhar Govindarajan to be the most helpful until I found an even easier workaround.
- Under Settings in Dashboard, go to Social.
- De-link your Twitter account.
- Save the settings.
- Now re-link your Twitter account.
- Go to Twitter Tools settings through the Plugins option under Dashboard.
- Choose to sync now at the bottom page.
That’s it. You’ll notice if you delete and add Twitter Tools again it saves your Twitter feed info. The only way to reset the Twitter Tools access to the Twitter server is to de-link and the re-add the account. Enjoy!