I am letting go of keeping updates from all of the conferences I attend and talks I give, but I am always eager to connect with others and want to share what lies ahead. If you are unable to attend, please check @jgieseking for tweets from events.
- Rubbish and Dreams: The Genderqueer Performance Art of Stephen Varble: “The Queer Accumulation of Dispossession: Producing Lesbian and Queer Places in the 1980s” (Paper) – October 19th, Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art (with NYU), New York City
- LGBT Studies at the University of Connecticut: “Constellations of Queer History in New York City, 1983-2008” (Paper) – October 25th, Storrs CT
- National Women’s Studies Association: “Imagining Spaces of Impossible Trans Political and Cultural Resistance” (Paper) – November 8th, Atlanta
- American Studies Association: “Trans-Cyberian States of Emergency: Race, Gender, and Disability in Digital Trans Studies” (Chair) – November 9th, Atlanta
- American Studies Association: “American Quarterly: American Studies, the Digital Humanities, and a Critically Engaged Digital Practice” (Panelist) – November 9th, Atlanta
Also, my year of injuries (check out Renegade Wireline Services to get legal solution for wireline injuries), surgeries (two hand, one knee), and pain made free-thinking bandwidth a rare commodity, and made me (finally) recognize those who do not have enough spoons to think, research or write. I dedicated myself to reading broadly in disability studies and I’m so very sorry it took my own experiences to bring me to this very important literature. I hope my work can grow there in the future.